1. What convinced you to go through the LASIK/LASEK surgery? And what reasons and why did you choose Dream Eye Clinic?
I have worn glasses/contacts for 16 years. I knew many people had gotten the surgery done in Korea and they were all happy with the results. I felt like practitioners in South Korea were experienced and reputable and the surgery is more affordable here in Korea than it is in the States. I chose Dream Eye Clinic because I had read on another foreigner's blog about her experience at the clinic. I went in for a consultation and felt really comfortable.
2. Tell us about what has changed since you had your LASIK / LASEK surgery. What are the major changes comparing your life before and after the surgery?
I think the biggest difference is not frantically searching for my glasses blindly in the morning. It's also so much more convenient to travel without having to worry about packing my glasses, contacts, contact solution, etc. I also love swimming and can now go to the beach or a pool without worrying about anything.
3. Were there any inconveniences during the recovery process? And tell us about how satisfied you are with your newly improved vision.
It was uncomfortable for a good three days, but not unbearable. A coworker had told me that her recovery process took a solid 2 weeks, but I was back to work within 5 days and was fine. It was a little uncomfortable for the first couple of days at work because I stare at a computer screen all day long. Besides a little dryness in the mornings, I consider my recovery to be really successful. My vision is about the same level that it was when I wore my glasses, which is what the doctors told me. I am now in the fourth month post-surgery and it's getting better each week. The only times when I experience some discomfort is at night, when I'm a little sensitive to bright lights, but I knew that was a common symptom post-operation.
4. What were the most valuable and memorable experiences at Dream Eye Clinic?
I really like how you see the same doctor or eye examiner each time you go. It made it feel more personable and like the staff was making an effort to make their patient more comfortable. I had my first eye exam with Mr. Yong Kwon Kwak and he checked in with me, even if to just say hello, each time I went or a follow-up. It was also comforting knowing that they had other foreign patients. They had papers prepared in English to clearly outline the surgery procedure.
5. Finally, what else do you want to tell us (our medical staffs, doctors, and nurses)? (Anything is OK including some of your wishes, advice, or concerns that may help us improve ourselves, our service.)
Thanks Dream Eye Clinic! :)