1. What convinced you to go through the LASIK/LASEK surgery? And what made you to choose Dream Eye Clinic?
- I began wearing glasses at age 12. At age 16 I began wearing contacts, which was quite necessary because I did a lot of dancing in high school and also later in college. When I came to Korea, I had a friend who had the surgery and to hear of his experience convinced me to do the LASEK surgery at the Dream Eye Clinic. I love the idea of not having to go back to glasses or contacts.
2. Tell us about what has changed since you had your LASIK / LASEK surgery. What are the major changes comparing your life before and after the surgery?
- Well I couldn’t believe how I could see better immediately after the surgery, I was very surprised. I am planning to attend graduate school when I return to the USA for dance movement therapy and I will be dancing again, so it will be wonderful to not have to worry about my glasses or contacts being in the way. That will be a major change for me and I am excited about that.
3. Were there any inconveniences during the recovery process? And tell us about how satisfied you are with your newly improved vision.
- Well I had some pain for about 2 days after the surgery, but it was not unbearable. My wonderful husband was also there with me to help me out. My vision was a little blurry for about two weeks, but my vision also improved as each day went by. The surgery is absolutely worth it and I highly recommend it.
4. What were the most valuable and memorable experiences at Dream Eye Clinic?
- My most memorable experience at the Dream Eye Clinic is how well the doctors and nurses took care of me. They prepared me very well for the surgery and explained exactly what would happen. I also enjoyed the room where I was able to rest after my surgery, it was very comfortable.
5. Finally, what else do you want to tell us (our medical staffs, doctors, and nurses)? (Anything is OK including some of your wishes that may inform us to improve ourselves.)
- I was very glad to have a doctor who could speak English so I could understand the surgery procedures. He was able to tell me during the surgery what he was doing and when which made it more comfortable for me. I appreciate all of the medical staffs, doctors and nurses who helped me to have a positive experience at the Dream Eye Clinic.