1. What convinced you to go through the Lasik/Lasek surgery? And what made you to choose Dream Eye Clinic?
I decided to get Lasik eye surgery because I really hated wearing my glasses. I felt that wearing glasses really limited my peripheral vision. Contact lenses always irritated my eyes and made them red, it’s also very expensive to buy disposable contact lenses every month. I came to the Dream Eye Clinic since it is the only one I could find with an English website. After I e-mailed for some information I got a quick response and when I went for the eye test everyone seemed really nice and I felt confident that it was a good clinic.
2. Tell us about what has changed since you had your Lasik / Lasek surgery. What are the major changes comparing your life before and after the surgery?
It’s much easier to get ready in the morning, since I don’t need to struggle with contact lenses. My eyes are less red and irritated.
3. Were there any inconveniences during the recovery process? And tell us about how satisfied you are with your newly improved vision.
At first I had really dry eyes and this limited my vision. It took about 4 months for my eyes to become less dry. During the first 4 months my vision often varied depending on how dry my eyes were. I also felt that my eyes were very sensitive to light and I had trouble seeing in bright light or dark rooms. Now I feel very satisfied with my vision and it seems to have stabilized. My eyes still feel a little sensitive to contrast between light and dark but the dryness has gone.
4. What were the most valuable and rememberable experiences at Dream Eye Clinic?
The doctors/nurses and staff were really kind to me and explained the situation in great detail. After the surgery I experienced some discomfort and felt a little worried because I couldn’t open my eyes but when the doctor called to check on me he reassured me that what I was feeling was normal and that made me feel much better.
5. Finally, what else do you want to tell us (our medical staffs, doctors, and nurses)? (Anything is OK including some of your wishes that may inform us to improve ourselves.
I was really satisfied with a very professional service at the clinic. I was very relieved that all the staff, nurses and doctors spoke fluent English. The only recommendation I have to change the e-mail and text messages sent out by the clinic into English for English patients, since I couldn’t always understand the Korean e-mails or text message reminders and updates. Other then that – keep up the good work