Waruna Padmasiri If you are considering corrective laser eye surgery, you must be wondering what the process actually involves. Let me briefly describe my experience at the Dream eye center in Gangnam –
1. I made an appointment to have my eyes examined for Laser surgery.
2. The initial eye examination took about an hour, with almost 20 different tests to determine if I was suitable for the surgery and the likelihood of success.
3. After it was determined that I was a suitable candidate, I made an appointment for the surgery during the Chuseok holiday.
4. On the day of the surgery my eyes were re-examined briefly and I met the surgeon.
5. I was in the operating theatre for less than 20 minutes. The whole surgery must have lasted two or three minutes. The Laser part of the surgery probably lasted for less than 20 seconds on each eye. It was very quick.
6. I was very impressed by the way my surgeon described each step in the process (in English) about what he was doing, as he was doing it.
7. I waited for about an hour after the surgery had my eyes re-examined by the surgeon and took the subway home to Suwon.
8. The next day after the surgery was the most painful part (it was very painful). My eyes were very sensitive to any light. It was complete bed rest for the whole day.
9. The pain and sensitivity decreased each day and lasted for about three or four days. I went back to the clinic after three days to have the contact lens removed.
10. I had surgery on a Tuesday, and I was back at work the following Monday.
11. I visited the clinic about 10 days after the surgery, then one month after the surgery and once a month since then.
12. My vision was 20/20, 10 days after the surgery and had improved beyond 20/20 on the following checkup. As you can imagine, I am thrilled with the result.
I had LASEK surgery on the 20th of August 2010 at the Gangnam Dream Eye Center. for someone who has worn glasses for years, there is nothing quite like waking up in the morning and being able to see. sometimes I just smile to myself just staring into the distance, just by the thrill of being able to see again. I cannot speak more highly of my surgeon Dr Lee, my consultant Mr choo. I would recommend the clinic to anyone who is considering corrective laser eye surgery.